Effective April 12, 2021
You agree that this policy applies to all information we have collected and that you have provided to us.
What Information Do We Collect from You?
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web sites or communicate with us in any other way. This includes information that identifies you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, and user name(s) and password(s), if applicable. We also collect any other information you provide to us.
We also may request and collect information about your communications needs and preferences. When you contact us, we may monitor or record the communication or keep a record of it to help us train employees and provide customer service.
We may automatically collect some information when you visit our Web sites. For example, we may collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. This information also may permit us to identify users associated with multiple devices used to access our sites or services.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of the features, offerings, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon) of our Web sites.
Our Web sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs). These Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that we place in the code of a Web page. Web beacons allow us to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Web sites to another, deliver or communicate with cookies, and improve the performance of our Web sites. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails recipients have opened and track the visitor traffic on our Web sites.
For more information about managing cookies or our use of data we collect automatically, please review “What choices do you have regarding the collection and use of your information?” below.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, our clients and partners such as hotels hosting events, and third parties and add it to other information about you. We also may obtain additional information about you from outside companies that collect information. We also may obtain contact information and other marketing lead information from third parties, which we may add to other information about you that we maintain.
The Beyond Collection may use the information we obtain for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide the products and services that you have requested;
- The registration and management of your account, including assistance with service-related issues or questions, and the facilitation of your access to and use of our Web sites;
- Communication with you, including to provide information about The Beyond Collection events and services;
- To respond to your questions and comments, provide alerts and notifications, or to provide other customer service;
- For our business purposes, including business and usage analytics (e.g., measurement of your interest in our products, services, and Web sites), as well as the improvement, management and protection of our network, products, services, and Web sites;
- Improving our services;
- Notifications and provision of information about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may interest you;
- Customization of your experience with The Beyond Collection;
- Solicitation of information from you, including through surveys;
- Resolution of disputes and troubleshooting of other problems;
- Identification of, prevention of, or seeking to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, or harm to any person or property;
- Assisting law enforcement, pursuing or defending legal claims, and engaging in other compliance or legal activities;
- Enforcement of legal requirements, contractual obligations, industry standards, and our agreements with you, including our Terms of Service; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
We may use your information to help identify you as a user when you access our Web sites using different devices. If you use different devices (such as your home computer, laptop, and/or mobile device) to access our Web sites and/or engage in a transaction, we may be able to associate you with each of your devices. For example, if you choose to click the email link on a new device, we will be able to associate your current device with your account information. We may combine information we have collected from your use of different devices and use that information consistent with this Policy, such as to help provide a more personalized and consistent experience across your devices.
The Beyond Collection may share information with others:
- Within our family of companies (and their divisions) for operational purposes.
- With businesses and individuals that subscribe to our services for them to access and otherwise use in accordance with their subscription.
- When we use third party vendors to provide various services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions.
- To government entities conducting an investigation or making a lawful request, in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. We reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us in any such cases.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of The Beyond Collection, our community members, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements, subject to applicable law.
- In connection with a potential or actual corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties.
When you use our Web sites, we do not permit other parties to collect your personal information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites.
Your use of our services or our Web site may permit you to update or revise your information through our Web site or otherwise from time to time. You also may contact us using the information provided at the end of this policy if you believe your information needs to be updated or revised.
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information that we request, although choosing not to provide us with that information may limit or prevent your use of certain services or features offered on our Web sites. For example, we require your contact information before you can sign up to receive our newsletter.
- You can adjust your preferences and settings through your user account.
- Whether registered as a The Beyond Collection community member or not, you also may unsubscribe from promotional messages in any email we send. We reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your The Beyond Collection account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your Web browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from The Beyond Collection, you may not be able to access some tools, features, or portions of our Web sites. At this time our Web sites do not respond to “do not track” signals.
While no company or Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the information you provide to us. These measures include administrative safeguards, such as policies, procedures, and training, as well as physical and technical controls.However, we make no guarantee, representation or warranty that use of our services or Web sites is protected from all security threats, viruses, or other vulnerabilities or that your information always will be secure.
The Beyond Collection provides market development solutions for the nation’s leading luxury resorts and hotels through its unique series of signature networking Showcase events and multi-day Executive Industry Summits.
Follow us on social
If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to send us an email.